Uber Eats has partnered with popular greengrocery chain Zucchini in Nairobi, to have their grocery offerings delivered via the app. Uber Eats launched its grocery delivery service last year in response to the COVID-19 lockdown, enabling Kenyans to get essential products like groceries delivered to their households, and to keep couriers earning.
“Whether it’s getting a ride or getting groceries and food delivered, we want Uber to be the operating system for your everyday life. As we celebrate our third anniversary in Nairobi, we are excited to welcome Zucchini to the Uber Eats platform. We have seen a positive response to our essentials offerings via the app, and this partnership will allow us to scale this offering to ensure consumers have more selection at the tap of a button,” says Nadeem Anjarwalla, General Manager for Uber Eats in Kenya.
“In today’s retail market, convenience is everything for the consumer and there is nothing more convenient than getting your shopping delivered to your doorstep. At Zucchini, we are actively trying to increase our online footprint to be able to reach a broader customer base. This partnership with UberEats will definitely take us towards that objective,” said Rajiv Jandu, Head of Procurement, Zucchini GreenGrocers.
How to order?
- Open the Uber Eats app and tap convenience, select from the options given. Finalize your order and review your basket.
- We have made it easy for you to request no-contact delivery, meaning your delivery person will leave your order at the door. Simply select the delivery option “Leave at the door” at checkout.
- Add instructions if you want to tell the delivery person where to drop off your order (e.g. “Drop my order in the lobby”).
- When everything looks right, just tap place order–and that’s it.
- Follow your order in the app. First, you’ll see the grocery or convenience store accept and start prepping. Then, when the order’s almost ready, a delivery person will go to the store to pick it up. Next, they’ll drive to you. You’ll be able to see their name and photo and track progress on the map.
- Expect deliveries within the hour by a delivery person using the Uber Eats application and relying on all health and safety guidelines shared by the Government. Delivery times might vary due to demand, please check the app for delivery times.
- You also have the option to tip your delivery person who is working hard to get your items to you.
- Avoid contact when retrieving your order.