Businessman Chris Kirubi has been replaced as chairman of the Brand Kenya Board. In his place, President Uhuru Kenyatta has appointed former Nation Media Group CEO Linus Gitahi.
“In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 (2) (a) of the Brand Kenya Board Order, I, Uhuru Kenyatta, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Kenya Defence Forces, appoint Linus Gitahi to be the non-executive chairperson of Brand Kenya Board. The appointment of Chris Kirubi is revoked,” a Kenya Gazzette notice issued last Friday read.
Kirubi, a billionaire businessman, has been battling acute colon cancer and is recuperating in Nairobi after getting treatment in the US.
Brand Kenya has been facing management issues and in May suspended its CEO Mary Luseka for allegedly embezzling millions of shillings through inflated tenders. Floice Mukabana replaced her in an acting capacity.
In his new role, Gitahi will now lead the campaign to position Kenya optimally in terms of investment, credit worthiness, tourism and international relations.
RELATED: IMAGES OF CHRIS KIRIBU’S BATTLE WITH CANCER
President Uhuru made 17 parastatal appointments barely a month after another 106. A media aide to former Prime Minister Raila Odinga, Kathleen Openda was named the chair of the Kenya Institute of Mass Communications Council while former Information assistant minister David Were is now the chairman of Kenya Broadcasting Corporation.
Titus Ibui replaced former Head of Public Service Francis Muthaura as the Chairperson of the LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority.
Flora Mutahi now becomes the new Chairperson of the Anti-Counterfeit Agency Board after the appointment of Pradeep Paunrana was also revoked.
Mugambi Imanyara was also replaced as the Chairperson of the National Standards Council by Ken Wahome Mwatu.
READ: UHURU MOST FOLLOWED AFRICAN LEADER ON TWITTER
- Immanuel Ichor Imana (Chairperson, Kenya International Convention Centre Board)
- Jackson Kiptanui (Chairman, Kerio Valley Development Authority)
- Dr Linda Musumba (Chairperson, Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis)
- Samuel Mwongera Arachi (Chairman, Tana and Athi Rivers Development Authority)
- Joel Kitili (Chairperson, Jomo Kenyatta Foundation)
- Agnes Mantaine Pareiyo (Chairperson, Anti-Female Genital Mutilation Board)
- Khadija M. Awale (Chairperson, National Council for Children Services)
- Patrick Wohoro Ndohho (Chairperson, National Sports Fund Board of Trustees)
- Regina Ndambuki (Chairperson, National Government Affirmative Action Fund)
- Joe Owaka Ager (Chairperson, Placement Board for the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service–KUCCPS).
[…] post Chris Kirubi replaced as Brand Kenya chairman appeared first on Business Today […]