Kenyans will know best performing small and medium-sized businesses on Friday when the inaugural Bizna Annual SME Awards gala night will be held.
Bizna Kenya CEO Tonnie Mello said the judging panel is finalising the list of winners to be honoured during the gala at Laico Regency Hotel in Nairobi and called upon the public to attend in large numbers.
“There was massive participation by Kenyans in the voting process and the judges are in the last stages of drawing the list of winners. We are confident that the final list will reflect success in the SMEs sector as the process has been very transparent,” said Mello.
The ceremony will be attended by key industry players including lending organisations and government officials and will offer valuable insights into the sector.
The Bizna Annual SME Awards 2019 seeks to recognise and celebrate small and medium-sized enterprises based on their performance, profitability, quality of products and customer relations. The Awards is an initiative of Bizna Kenya, a leading marketing and business support provider for small businesses in Kenya.
Nominees which battled it out for honours are drawn from various sectors of the economy including agribusiness, transport, real estate, tourism and hospitality, agribusiness, manufacturing, digital and social media, education and entertainment.
Those wishing to attend the gala night can obtain tickets by visiting the Awards portal: https://smeawards.co.ke/tickets/
Through the Awards, Bizna Kenya is providing avenues for recognizing efforts by SMEs towards economic growth, development and empowerment.
It will also offer the businesses platforms to grow and be sustainable by mobilizing support to improve their access to capital.
Bizna Kenya also runs the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, which identify and honours upcoming and industrious entrepreneurs below 35 years old.
The second edition of the Awards aimed at creating a network of outstanding young entrepreneurs and encourage more to start their own businesses will be launched in June.
The complete list of the 1st Annual Bizna SME Awards nominees:
- Agribusiness venture: IRRI – HUB KE, Kenarava, OxfarmAg
- Tourism &Hospitality: Africa Outdoor, Expeditions Maasai Safaris, Exquisite Events by You
- Transport and Logistics: Modest Collections, Ahadi Movers, Livitech Auto Spares Ltd
- Creative Economy: Sokobrand, Global Strategies Developers Ltd, Artrix Theatre Ltd
- Professional Services Provider: Adec Services EPZ Ltd, Tazz Advisors Limited, Twinkle Pharmacy Ltd
- Manufacturing: Kyle and Ibrahims Ltd, Dan Rays Creations, Nyagah Mechanical Engineering
- Real Estate: Transport and Logistics: Sahif Real Estate Ltd, Username Investments Ltd, Sahihi Interior Builders
- Most Promising SME of the Year: SasaHost (web solutions provider), RoyalTrendia (digital and media services), and Atlanta Property Developer (real estate).
- SME of the Year: Twinkle Pharmacy, Username Investments, Sahihi Interior Builders, Expeditions Maasai Safaris.
editor [at] businesstoday.co.ke