As the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic continues, banks are taking steps to enhance efforts at minimizing infections. Absa Bank Kenya has released a raft of measures that encourage cashless transactions and minimize physical interactions between customers and its employees.
“During this period, nothing is more important than our collective ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones from the virus,” the bank says in a statement. “We have therefore taken a number of measures to enhance the health and safety of our colleagues and customers, including providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers across our branches.”
It said the management has also enhanced its cleaning and sanitation procedures to allow for regular and thorough cleaning of shared space, and making handwashing facilities available in banking halls.
“At the same time, we strongly encourage our customers to use cashless transactions to further reduce the risk of infection,” it says.
In order to make it easier for our customers to transact, Absa Bank Kenya has made the following changes:
- Paying with your Absa debit card: receive a guaranteed cashback of 0.3% every time you pay with your Absa debit card. This offer starts on 25th March 2020 and will continue for 12 months. Cashback will be paid to customers’ current accounts monthly.
We have waived fees on the following services:
- Account to M-Pesa/Airtel Money: We have waived all transaction fees on money transfer between mobile wallets and bank account until 30 June 2020. Additionally, you can now deposit up to Ksh150,000 per day through our pay bill number 303030 at no cost.
- Timiza: We have waived all transaction fees on money transfer between M-Pesa and Timiza until 30th June 2020. Additionally, you can now deposit up to Ksh150, 000 per day through the Timiza pay bill number 300067 at no cost.
- PesaLink: In order to support the transfer of large amounts of money below Ksh1 million, we have waived all the fees charged on PesaLink transactions until 30th April 2020
- ATM cash deposits: Look out for our cash-accepting ATMs across the country and deposit up to Ksh100,000 per day for free.
Absa Bank Kenya said it is closely monitoring the situation and will continue collaborating with the government and other partners to contain the pandemic and minimize economic impact.