Meta-owned messaging app Whatsapp has introduced the ability to lock individual chats with a password or biometric authentication. The feature is intended to enhance user privacy and security.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use it:
- Download or update WhatsApp to the latest version: Ensure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device. The app can be found in the respective app stores.
- Select the chat you want to lock: In Whatsapp, navigate to the specific chat that you want to lock.
- Tap on the contact or profile picture: In the chat, click the profile picture of the individual contact or group to view more options.
- Select “Chat Lock”: Scroll down to the option named “Chat Lock,” found below the disappearing message menu. Tap on it.
- Enable Chat Lock and authenticate: You will be prompted to enable the chat lock feature. You will then be prompted to authenticate using your password or, if available, biometrics.
How to View locked chats on WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp. You will land on the home page displaying all chats.
- Swipe down to access locked chats section: Swipe down to view all the locked chats. You will see all chats that you have locked on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the locked chat you want to access
- Authenticate to unlock the chat: Authenticate using your password or biometrics (if available).