Terror suspects Abdul Kibiringi (right), James Mwai Mwangi (centre) and Habiba Gedi Hunshur (left) in the dock on Friday. Photo The Standard

Three DusitD2 t****r s******s were freed on Friday after the Anti-T****r Police Unit (ATPU) withdrew the case against them due to lack of evidence.

Inspector Cyprian Gitonga Muthoga, the officer in charge of c****s at the ATPU told Nyeri Resident Magistrate Nelly Kariuki that his unit has closed the file after failing to build a case against the s******s, The Nation reported.

“We wish to withdraw the miscellaneous application that sought to continue holding the s******s and close the file,” Muthoga told Justice Kariuki.

The court had on Monday allowed the police to detain the s******s-Abdul Kibiringi, James Mwai Mwangi and Habiba Gedi Hunshur for five days to allow them complete their investigations.

Kibiringi, Mwai and Gedi were a******d in Nyeri last week at Majengo slums and Kangemi village.

READ: THE T*******T’S T*******T: MAN WHO BRAVES A*****S TO RESCUE KENYANS

The s******s were being investigated on suspicion of being in contact with the a*******s. The police were also probing whether the three could have been involved in the planning of the a****k.

This comes three weeks after the a*******s reigned t****r at the DusitD2 complex in Riverside, Nairobi leaving 21 people d**d and scores i*****d.

SEE ALSO: RIVERSIDE A****K T********S ELIMINATED, UHURU SAYS

On January 16, President Uhuru Kenyatta promised the country that the authorities would leave no stone unturned while hunting persons who could have been involved in plotting the a****k.

“We will seek out every person involved in the funding, planning and e*******n of this heinous act,” he said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here