Jumia expects thousands of customers to visit the online platform during this year’s Tech Week Campaign to secure deals on various technology products including phones, computing, televisions, games and consoles, cameras and other accessories.
The event runs from 16th – 27th March 2020, with the theme, Upgrade Your Life. There will be deals of up to 50% off on more than 8 million products in partnership with Samsung, Xiaomi and Tornado, among others.
“It is estimated that Kenya had 13 million active internet users in 2018. Major campaigns on Jumia like Black Friday and Tech Week are widely seen to help digitize the economy – providing a reason for customers to log on & save time and money,” said Jumia Kenya CEO, Mr Sam Chappatte.
Mr Chappatte said Jumia customers asked for deals beyond mobile phones and the company decided to change the annual Mobile Week Campaign to Tech Week Campaign to incorporate other products. “The biggest deals will be exclusive to the Jumia App,” he said.
Customers are encouraged to download the Jumia App to benefit from the best deals over the campaign. The share of Jumia’s sales originating from the App has continued to grow, reaching 60% compared to 40% through the browser.
To maximize on deals this Tech Week, customers are advised to:
- Download the Jumia App to access the best app-only deals!
- Get 10% off with Mastercard every day 5pm – 8pm.
- Visit the Jumia site daily for flash sales at 9:00 am &12pm (Upto 50% off).
- Stand a chance to win Ksh 25,000 on Jumia App on Friday 20th & 27th.
- Spin the wheel and win vouchers on the App.
- Enjoy free pick up in Nairobi on small and medium items on Jumia Express.
- Get discounts on electronics across TVs, phones, computing, accessories, and small appliances.
- Visit Jumia’s offline stores in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Nakuru & Kisumu for any inquiries; or place your orders over the phone by calling 0711011011.