B*****g is a new wave that has rapidly gained a lot of public interest in Kenya. Over 70% of Kenyans participate in b*****g, according to a 2017 Geopoll survey. Gross revenues from the industry are estimated to be in the region of Ksh3 billion. That figure is a testament to the potency of gaming to foster economic development.
B*****g is a leisure activity and, just like every form of entertainment, it comes with some risks attached to it if it is not done responsibly. B*****g responsibly essentially means being able to exercise control over your b*****g activity and not letting it negatively impact other areas of your life.
From my interaction with most Betway loyalists and my years of experience in the industry, I have learnt that the most successful bettors are both discerning and rational, contrary to common belief that those who bet do so blindly and arbitrarily. Far from it; here are what smart bettors know about b*****g:
1. Only bet with money that you can afford to lose: Bet with money that you set aside for fun, like going to the movies or going out for drinks. Never use money that you need for important things like rent, bills, tuition, or business. Always make sure you have taken care of basic amenities and responsibilities first then use the surplus money for b*****g.
2. Do your research: This is very crucial in increasing your chances to win. Go online and find out all you can about the teams playing. Find out whether they are playing from home or away. Research on their performance over the past few years. Do intensive research before placing a bet. Our most recent winner was a lady by the name Mercy Nyokabi, who won a trip to the United Kingdom to watch an EPL game. Mercy would do intensive research on our website before placing a bet. Part of responsible b*****g means not b*****g blindly.
> OPINION: How b*****g firms can change the game
3. Never chase losses: Win some, lose some, so the old adage goes. If you lose money, never try to get it back by going over your limit. This usually leads to even bigger losses. Just do more research so that you place a more informed bet on the next game.
4. Set a money limit: Before you play, decide how much money you can afford to lose without straining your finances. When you have lost that amount of money, do more research. If you win – enjoy the winnings. We want you to continue b*****g and keep coming back, so it is wise to have a budget for b*****g.
5. Place informed bets, NOT emotional bets: It is true, gaming creates an emotional connection and real d*e-hard fans tend to become emotionally attached to the team they love. However, when placing a bet the decision should not be an emotionally driven but rather an informed bet based on the research done prior to or during the game.
In conclusion, we all bet for the love of the game. The game connects people from all walks of life and hence b*****g was created to bolster that love. Betway’s mantra is “responsible way to bet” and we embody that entirely. We want our players to bet better by doing it responsibly.