Self development remains elusive to a lot of people, yet it’s the spring board of success. From a student to the working class and even politicians, the tips below, if followed religiously, will change your life for the better in just two years. Have a look:
1. Make friends with successful people and occasionally buy them gifts and surprise them with lunch because successful people always give and hardly get, so when you give them, they value the gift a lot.
2. Get a mentor and follow his instructions and respect the relationship. Never beg your mentor for money or disrespect his or her privacy.
3. Make new positive friends as often as possible and ensure you keep the communication line open. Create a network of friends and not just connections.
5. Show kindness to everyone. Some small boys today will be big boys tomorrow. The biggest dog in the neighbourhood was once a puppy. Keep the information/secret to yourself.
6. Always plan ahead and be proactive. He that plans the future works less in the future.
7. Listen to speeches and messages from great teachers, both religious and educational.
8. Attend seminars and trainings on any area you need to improve yourself – Train the trainer, personal development, public speaking, sales etc.
9. Have the habit of keeping a pen and a writing pad handy because ideas come in the form of flashes. The smallest pen is bigger and better than the biggest brain.
10. Make sure at every point in time you are reading a book. If you spend 20 minutes reading daily, for 52 weeks you would have consumed 1,000,000 words.
11. Stay away from television as much as possible. You can watch educational channels. Men with big TV sit in front of them to watch men with big libraries.
12 Put control over your mouth; never say evil of any man; what you are not certain of should not be said. Say good of all men.
13. Always show appreciation for any good deed you received.
14. Always help someone in need.
15. Live a debt-free life. What you can’t pay cash for is not your size.
16. Give out loans that you can part with as gift, so that you don’t destroy your business and relationship.
17. Create legitimate multiple sources of income.
18. Save at least 10 percent of your income.
19. Invest a portion of your income, and be patient to see it grow. If what you have in your hands is not good to be called a harvest then it’s a seed; sow it.
20. Keep a good financial record of all income and expenses, so you won’t ask later “where did my money go”
21. Be involved in community service – Control traffic, free lesson class for students etc.
22. Keep getting better on your daily goals and dream, develop yourself on them and make sure you get to the top 10% of your industry.
23. Make sure you engage in physical exercise. It keeps your brain alert and your body fit to enjoy your success.
24. Pray often, and know that for every success, God made it possible.
Wishing you the very best in life. Practice what you just read, and see the difference your life would record in two years.
Don’t forget to share.
Former TV presenter Louis Otieno goes deaf
The only way his hearing can be fixed is by having a procedure undertaken in India called Cochlear implant
Five surprising causes of hearing loss
The number-one cause of deafness is probably quite an obvious one: age. Most people’s hearing begins to decline from 30...
Blind couple celebrates their love in style
As the world marked Valentine’s Day on Wednesday, visually challenged Joseph Mwaniki decided to surprise his blind wife of 27...
Aboud Rogo’s widow jailed for 10 years
Haniya Said was found guilty of conspiracy for supporting an attack in which three women fire-bombed the port city's main police...
Kenya says open to more insurance investors
Kenya has a population of 45 million people, according to Kenya National Bureau of Statistics and the government says it...
Quit if you can’t deliver, Uhuru tells new Cabinet
President said he expected his new Cabinet to help in the achievement of the Big Four Agenda that will transform...
Jubilee MP Alfred Keter arrested for Sh633m fraud
Recently, he was among the four Jubilee legislators kicked out of house committees for defying a State House order on...
I stopped Kalonzo from taking oath, churchman says
Arch Timothy Ndambuki says together with 19 clerics from the county they met Kalonzo prevailed upon him to keep off...
High Court revokes Miguna’s deportation
Justice Luka Kimaru directed the government to deposit Dr Miguna’s revoked passport at the court within seven days
Where patients give witchdoctors first priority
Professional diagnosis by doctors in hospitals is sought as a last resort after the traditional healers have failed