Self development remains elusive to a lot of people, yet it’s the spring board of success. From a student to the working class and even politicians, the tips below, if followed religiously, will change your life for the better in just two years. Have a look:
1. Make friends with successful people and occasionally buy them gifts and surprise them with lunch because successful people always give and hardly get, so when you give them, they value the gift a lot.
2. Get a mentor and follow his instructions and respect the relationship. Never beg your mentor for money or disrespect his or her privacy.
3. Make new positive friends as often as possible and ensure you keep the communication line open. Create a network of friends and not just connections.
5. Show kindness to everyone. Some small boys today will be big boys tomorrow. The biggest dog in the neighbourhood was once a puppy. Keep the information/secret to yourself.
6. Always plan ahead and be proactive. He that plans the future works less in the future.
7. Listen to speeches and messages from great teachers, both religious and educational.
8. Attend seminars and trainings on any area you need to improve yourself – Train the trainer, personal development, public speaking, sales etc.
9. Have the habit of keeping a pen and a writing pad handy because ideas come in the form of flashes. The smallest pen is bigger and better than the biggest brain.
10. Make sure at every point in time you are reading a book. If you spend 20 minutes reading daily, for 52 weeks you would have consumed 1,000,000 words.
11. Stay away from television as much as possible. You can watch educational channels. Men with big TV sit in front of them to watch men with big libraries.
12 Put control over your mouth; never say evil of any man; what you are not certain of should not be said. Say good of all men.
13. Always show appreciation for any good deed you received.
14. Always help someone in need.
15. Live a debt-free life. What you can’t pay cash for is not your size.
16. Give out loans that you can part with as gift, so that you don’t destroy your business and relationship.
17. Create legitimate multiple sources of income.
18. Save at least 10 percent of your income.
19. Invest a portion of your income, and be patient to see it grow. If what you have in your hands is not good to be called a harvest then it’s a seed; sow it.
20. Keep a good financial record of all income and expenses, so you won’t ask later “where did my money go”
21. Be involved in community service – Control traffic, free lesson class for students etc.
22. Keep getting better on your daily goals and dream, develop yourself on them and make sure you get to the top 10% of your industry.
23. Make sure you engage in physical exercise. It keeps your brain alert and your body fit to enjoy your success.
24. Pray often, and know that for every success, God made it possible.
Wishing you the very best in life. Practice what you just read, and see the difference your life would record in two years.
Don’t forget to share.
All-round approach will prevent tax offences and financial crimes
Kenya has become increasingly exposed to illicit products and counterfeit goods, hence the need to take an all-round approach towards...
Kenya’s GDP to hit 5.7% despite debt burden
Despite a debt increase, Kenya’s GDP is expected to reach 5.7% up from 4.9% last year, according to ICAEW’s (the...
DPP seeks to withdraw forgery case in Sh500m Karen land suit
The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has requested for withdrawal of the case against Guy Spencer Elms, the lawyer accused...
Chebukati ‘out to fix Chiloba’
When Judge Stephen Radido delivered his ruling on Thursday setting aside IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati’s decision to send the CEO,...
Pharmaceutical firm backs social investments in healthcare
Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, and Ashoka, the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs, have held...
MKU ranked among 10 best universities in Kenya
Four local private universities in top 10 ranking of universities in the country.
4 MultiChoice traders win trip to watch World Cup in Russia
They will have an experience of a lifetime touring Petersburg, the Vodka Museum and enjoy a private boat tour along...
Inside the boda boda millionaire industry
In small doses of Sh50 and Sh100, Kenyans spend Ksh600 million daily on motorcycle services
Daystar University sacks vice-chancellor
Striking students had decried mismanagement of funds and quality of education
Battle for Machakos governor heads to the Supreme Court
The court faulted the IEBC returning officer for using an excel spreadsheet to record results instead of Form 37A