The U.S. Department of State has announced the winners of the 2024 Diversity Visa lottery (Green Card). Out of the millions who entered last year’s lottery, 55,000 applicants have been selected to apply for permanent resident status.
Having a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card) allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. The steps you must take to apply for a Green Card will vary depending on your individual situation.
If an unfavourable decision is made (your case is denied and/or you are ordered removed), you will receive a notice explaining why the decision in your case was unfavourable.
This notice will also explain if you can file an appeal. With certain exceptions, you may file motions to reopen or reconsider decisions made in your case.
The application process costs around USD2,500 including USD 500 medical fees, USD450 for interview, USD1,000 for flight and USD300 for Greencard fee.
Here’s the process of checking the results for Green Card Lottery 2023:-
- Go to the official website of the DV Lottery: https://dvprogram.state.gov/
- Click on the “Entrant Status Check” link.
- Enter your Confirmation Number. This is the unique number that you received when you submitted your Green Card Lottery application. If you do not have your confirmation number, you can retrieve it by clicking on the “Forgot Confirmation Number” link and providing the necessary information.
- Enter your Last/Family Name as it appears on your application.
- Enter your Year of Birth.
- Complete the Captcha code to prove that you are not a robot.
- Click on the “Submit” button.