With more businesspeople using various online platforms to promote their goods and services, the issue of settling payments has become critical. In the online space, safety and security of payments are paramount – and a number of intermediaries have come up to bridge this gap.
Co-operative Bank of Kenya, taking advantage of this emerging space, has introduced an online card payment system known as Chapa Pay. This Co-op Bank’s eCommerce solution targets businesses promoting goods and services online, for example through websites and social media platforms. Chapa Pay seeks to help business to capture more customers by accepting online card payments.
Chapa Pay eCommerce solution allows businesses to receive online card payments from customers directly into their Co-op Bank account. The Chapa Pay ecommerce solution works for business with or without websites, which means you can still receive online card payments without owning a website.
Merchant without website
Merchant without website receives a unique link (Pay-By-Link) which they use to invoice their customers. Once the merchant and the customer agree on the pricing, the merchant sends the payment link to the customers email address. The customer will receive an invoice with the link on their email and the link will open up a portal where the customer will enter their card details and the amount they are to pay.
Once the payment goes through, the merchant will receive a payment confirmation via email and SMS. The customer will also receive a notification via SMS if subscribed to SMS alerts with their card provider.
Advantages of Chapa Pay eCommerce Solution (Pay-By- Link ) Option:
- The merchant does not incur any cost to get the Pay-By-Link solution. It is FREE to get onboarded.
- The solution is secure, because it is 3D secure, with two-factor authentication for all card payments
- In the event a customer makes a wrong payment, the merchant can reverse the payment without calling the bank for a reversal
- The customer cannot reverse a payment, therefore reduces the risks to merchants, to lose money from dubious characters
- Payment reconciliation is easy for the merchant since they can track payment and view payment from a single dashboard.
Related >> Co-op Bank Gets Sh500M To Lend To Homebuyers
Merchants with a website or mobile Apps
Merchants who have built web checkout and mobile applications (APPs) and would like to enrich their applications with online card payment acceptance can do so with Chapa Pay eCommerce Solution and enjoy its numerous benefits, such as:
- Simplicity: The integrations models are easy and quick to implement
- Reliability: The solution once integrated to a merchant site is available 24/7
- Safety: Chapa Pay eCommerce platform is payment card industry – data security standard (PCI-DSS) compliant ensuring safety and security of customer card details
- Best customer experience and practice: Dedicated relationship management backed by 24/7 operations support.
- Most of all, create convenience to customers: overcome geographical limitations.Next Read >> Meet The Man Who Owns Lee Funeral Home